Monday, September 26, 2011

BREASTFEEDING?

Are you Breastfeeding or considering breastfeeding your infant or child? Most of us instantly know whether we will do what is best for our unborn or do what is best for ourselves.

From experience, I breast fed all three of my kids until the age of 1. Well for my boys a little over the age of one. However, they never got sick or any ear infections or normal things that babies get when exposed to the environment or other babies, adults, and kids.

I KNOW THERE ARE MOMS WHO BASH OTHER MOMS FOR NOT BREASTFEEDING THEIR BABIES. Well I'm here to tell you that it's okay not to make the same choice as other moms. Do what's best for you. Maybe you work and are not able to breast feed your infant. Maybe your body doesn't produce enough milk and its not enough. Who knows!!!!!Don't let other "rude" moms deter you from being a good mom just because you make a decision to not nurse.

But if you can make the healthiest choice for your baby, you save them from so much pain in the long run. I tell you. I don't know how many stories I have heard from moms and dads who had little ones that they were not nursing. Oh the stories are horrible but I am so happy that I did not have to go through a lot of the pain of seeing my kids in pain.

ARE YOU A NEW MOM? Okay I will be honest with you, the first few days, your nipples will hurt. It's normal though. Once you begin to nurse, you may want to try a couple of positions to see which one works for you. Sometimes the position that the nurses show you may be a little uncomfortable but if you take the baby and hold him in your arm like a football player holding the football, it makes it appear much easier. Take your breast and hold it gently around the oriole and place it in your baby's mouth.Usually, most babies will take it that way over the awkward position.

Usually, the nurses will tell you to hold the baby-head facing you and their body towards your back while holding his head with the same hand and place the nipple in the newborns mouth.

REMEMBER: When you are uncomfortable, it makes the baby uneasy as well. So whatever makes you feel comfortable, go with it.

ALSO REMEMBER:There are more than one way to be a great mom. Breast feeding alone doesn't make you a good mom. Breastfeeding just means you made a natural and great choice for you newborn

No comments:

Post a Comment